Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rhododendron Help!?

My rhododendron is trying to bloom again. I live in Zone 5, so I know it's got to be too late for that. After it bloomed (or rather, tried to bloom) this spring (it was in sorry shape), we pruned it back, and it produced some healthy-looking new growth. Yesterday, I went out to water, and realized that there were white blooms on it.


Will it have time to go dormant beofre winter? Is there anything I can do? Or am I worried needlessly?

Rhododendron Help!?
The state flower for Washington is the Rhododendron. There is a small town called Port Townsend that has a festival every year that is called the Rhododenron festival. It is also in zone 5. They grow high along the roads as high as twenty feet. There has been various types of them. Some more heat tolerant than others, and some that do bloom twice a year. You should not worry for it is an evergreen.
Reply:It may seem strange but put some pennies in the ground around the soil..it worked for me


No comments:

Post a Comment